Bubbleballs are made of either PVC (Polyvinyl chloride) “Standard” or TPU (Thermoplastic polyurethane) “Premium”. As a rule of thumb, we recommend the premium TPU bubbleballs for active groups playing once or more a week such as youth groups, schools, parks and recreation, leagues and operators. We recommend our PVC bubbleballs for lighter use such as occasional personal or promotional use. We also recommend TPU bubbleballs for extreme winter temperature. Playing at your own risk of course. We don’t really recommend extreme temperatures.
- TPU is more abrasion resistant which is a property that allows bubbleballs to resist tear more.
- TPU material is also known to be more flexible than PVC.
- As a result TPU balls are also bouncier. Boing. Next point…
- PVC material might harden in low temperature, while TPU will remain soft.
- For the same size and thickness of plastic, TPU balls are typically a little lighter than PVC.
- TPU material is also more environmentally friendly and can be recycled.
- TPU is odorless while PVC has more of a plastic odor.
While TPU and PVC qualities provide varying levels of durability based on usage, we also provide extended coverage and warranties to cover groups that plan to be very active. Please visit this page for more information.